The evaluation process for entries to the IDA is based on various judging criteria which are constantly adapted to new creative, technical, social, economic and ecological requirements. These criteria are not comprehensive and not all criteria are applicable to each design. They simply provide an orientation framework and basis for judging, which is complemented by each individual juror’s expertise and professional background.
Each member of the Jury is passionately committed to providing a fair and unbiased evaluation of all entries.
The judging criteria include the following:
- Innovation — does the design stand out, provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product or service?
- Aesthetics — artistic value of the form, shape, color, texture, finishing, engineering, material used, etc.
- Functionality — ease of use, safety and maintenance.
- Ergonomics — the overall interaction with the user.
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the design.
- Impact — the benefit delivered to the user and/or society by the design.
- Utility — does the design meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- Reality of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to bring this design to production and broad-scale use
- Emotional quotient — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, will the design create a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction?
The International Design Awards use a scoring scale between 1-10 points. Jury members are assigned categories based on their specific backgrounds and design expertise. All projects are viewed and judged randomly and anonymously to ensure unbiased and fair judging.
The IDA Jury
The IDA Jury are a selected panel of industry experts from each of the five IDA disciplines – Architecture, Fashion, Interior, Product and Graphic Design. Their talents and contributions to their respective fields are genuinely aspirational and all jurors have at least fifteen years experience and are in leading or founder positions within their organisations.
15TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL DESIGNER OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Inviting all architects, interior designers, product designers, graphic designers and fashion designers to submit their creative works into one of THE most respected design awards in the world. Receive worldwide recognition for your creative projects!